Vision:Achieving healthy and sustainable catchments in Makana.
Aim:Working together to improve care for the health of Makana's river catchments and their communities by:
- Raising awareness through education of the vital relationship between catchments and community health.
- Fostering strong civic engagement and leadership within Makana and neighbouring communities to support the KCC's vision.
Kowie Catchment Campaign Committee Structure:
- The KCC committee consists of Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Webmaster, representatives of Makana Local Municipality, and ordinary members.
- Working groups are formed to carry out particular activities. Additional members may be co-opted.
- The Committee must have a quorum of six for decision taking.
Kowie Catchment Campaign Strategy:
- The KCC is a community environmental initiative led by volunteers under the auspices of the Makana Environmental Forum.
- The KCC functions as a network of concerned individuals, groups and organisations who engage in various ways with the community and/or Local Municipality in caring for the health of the Kowie and other river catchments within Makana.
- The KCC promotes collaboration with Municipalities, groups and individuals.
- The KCC committee has an open and dynamic approach to membership, with a small core and additional members coming onboard for any period to share opinions and expertise.
- The KCC holds regular meetings to review progress and plan activities, and the minutes are circulated to the wider KCC network.
- The KCC provides information and support to the wider community and Makana Municipality through its website and through sharing of materials and expertise.
- The KCC reports regularly to the Makana Environmental Forum.
- The KCC reviews its efforts and celebrates successes at the end of each year.